Temporalité
Nous sommes en 2022 Yours again | Leah & Rhea 1639275293 La période jouable actuelle va du 30 juin 2022 au 30 septembre 2022 Yours again | Leah & Rhea 1050276528
Groupes à prendre
Nous cherchons activement des cerbères et des hybrides Yours again | Leah & Rhea 1639275293

Invité
Invité
Personnage
Joueur•se

Yours again | Leah & Rhea Empty Yours again | Leah & Rhea

Mer 30 Sep 2020 - 17:56

YOURS AGAIN

Leah & Rhea

◊ ◊ ◊

Spending time in New Orleans was way harder than Leah could have ever imagined. Not that she hated that place, but she couldn’t handle the fact that she was so far away from home, on a unfamiliar place with people she didn’t know. She knew very well why she was here, sleeping in an atrocious motel room with her two colleagues, not having any privacy. She hated it. Every part of this mission. She hated the fact that she had to do it in a first place, the fact that she trusted Iris with every part of her soul. She trusted her to be her next lieutenant, her woman of trust, everything. At night, when the boys are sleeping, she still thinks about it. She sees her face, her eyes and how she saw herself in every word she said. She couldn’t say why, she wasn’t quite sure at first. If she focuses hard enough, she could still see Caleb’s doubts about it. The way he asked her to be cautious. “We don’t know her, for all we know she could be a spy”. And Leah did not listen. This was her first mistake, after years of building trust in her gang she broke it into pieces for a girl she didn’t even know that well. Iridescence Jones could have been the end of everything, the very thought of that made her sick.

After two weeks of deep searches around the city, the three of them didn’t have anything new other than the fact that Iris talked to Laszlo Kovacs about her car. Great. That wasn’t enough, not even a little bit and being in New Orleans for nothing was out of the question. Leah didn’t want to call her. Not after so many years, asking for her help, admitting she couldn’t do it by herself. That very thought hurts her ego and watching at her friends, she knew she had to. Her leadership couldn’t last forever with this kind of mistake, she had to make it right. Get revenge, get her gang out a jail. Find Iris. At last, she said yes. She couldn’t remember the last time she asked for help in her entire life, this was so out of character for her. Leah was really proud of the fact that she made herself by herself, growing up without anyone, building her life the way she wanted it. To her point of view, needing anyone else was weakness and no one, not even herself could call her weak. Too bad she was out of options here; Rhea Riverwood was New Orleans’ last option.

Look at that. Isn’t it a quite nice change of scene?

And she smiled. What could she say, Rhea Riverwood always had been a nice girl to work with. Last time she was her was obviously different from today, quite less legal. This was a different time. A different place. And Leah wasn’t with two big boys who could easily break Rhea’s back without a sweeat.

Come on Rhea, aren’t you thrilled to see me ?

◊ ◊ ◊

There's gotta be another way out
I've been stuck in a cage with my doubt
I've tried forever getting out on my own
But every time I do this my way
I get caught in the lies of the enemy
I lay my troubles down
I'm ready for you now

ADMIN ◊ RESISTANCE
Rhea Riverwood
Rhea Riverwood
ADMIN ◊ RESISTANCE
Personnage
:
Yours again | Leah & Rhea YQh7Ivzv_o

Yours again | Leah & Rhea 3707e9336440722143b09be0570a83267a2cf1c6

Pseudo / Pronoms : evy / elle
Nom rebelle : Baltimore
Nombre de dés : trois dés
Résidence : la superbe nouvelle-orléans
Profession : détective privée à son compte depuis son départ de la police
Faceclaim : jodie comer
Pouvoirs/capacités : dragon de foudre (niv. 3)
Crédits : avatar by andthesunrisesagain, aesthetic by adamantium, crackship by shirdil
Disponibilité RP :
Joueur•se

Yours again | Leah & Rhea Empty Re: Yours again | Leah & Rhea

Dim 4 Oct 2020 - 18:27
yours again

“'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh”

Ever since she had met with Hazel in Washington, this case was all Rhea could think about. She was particularly sensitive to her friend’s distress – she was in an excellent position to understand how draining and exhausting searching for your estranged family was. She had experienced it first-hand. Maybe that was why this one case was affecting her so intensely – Rhea herself hadn’t been able to find her own tribe. It had been hard to grieve for people she couldn’t even remember, and ever harder to overcome the guilt that came along with it. She had looked for years and years until she was nothing but pieces on the floor, spreading herself so thin she became practically invisible, her wounds right out in the open. All of this, all these trips and clues and sleepless night, for nothing.

She had been young then. Inexperienced and reckless. She was still young now, but smarter. Sneakier. Less emotional, too. She would work relentlessly on finding Hazel’s family for her – as if it could compensate the fact that she couldn’t find her own. All the more since the nymph seemed to have completely given up until Rhea mentioned her activity. Seeing that light in her eyes reignite had been beautiful and maybe the sole reason why she kept persevering in this line of work. For people like herself, like Hazel. To honour Sage as well, in some way. If she had to spend another sleepless night in her cramped little office underground in Pine Village to do it, then it was all worth it.

Rhea felt the shadow creeping in the entrance before she heard the footsteps and took out the dagger she kept in the inside pocket of her leather jacket. A woman’s voice rang in her ears before long, deadly familiar. « Look at that. Isn’t it a quite nice change of scene? » The dragon hadn’t heard that voice in a long time. Years even. She smiled, albeit careful. The last time she had seen Leah, it was for a very specific job – a one-time thing. At the time Rhea was indeed living a very different kind of life, much less legal than she did now. She supposed it was indeed funny that they met again now, where she worked as a detective. She didn’t respond right away, and Leah carried on. « Come on Rhea, aren’t you thrilled to see me? » Leah meant trouble; she had always known that. She was the symbol of a kind of life that she had only dipped into and left in a hurry. But she knew that some others weren’t as lucky. Rhea had never joined their crew – had always cared way too much about her freedom and had never been prepared to give it up just so she could be included. Somehow, she understood the poor souls who stayed in this line of work because they needed to be part of a team, of something bigger. Even though it was everything but legal, or even right. Maybe that was why she was so good at catching them – their psyche was no mystery to her.

Rhea took a few steps forward, facing Leah completely, both their faces lighting up in the moonlight. The years had been kind to her – she was beautiful still, but unyielding, more mature. « I wasn’t expecting to ever see you again, to tell you the truth. It seems like a lifetime ago » she said softly, careful not to avert her eyes from her former partner. It was hard to rejoice in meeting her again when she knew that her being here couldn’t mean good news. It was indeed a lifetime ago, to some extent. At the time, Leah hadn’t known what she really was, despite hearing of her talents with getting cars started up. Did she know now? « To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit? »  Rhea added, with a careful tone. The sooner she knew what Leah’s presence was about, the sooner she could figure out her next move. It was highly unlikely she came all this way to see her for old times’ sake.  

CODAGE PAR AMATIS

Invité
Invité
Personnage
Joueur•se

Ven 30 Oct 2020 - 14:40

YOURS AGAIN

Leah & Rhea

◊ ◊ ◊

« I wasn’t expecting to ever see you again, to tell you the truth. It seems like a lifetime ago »

Seing Rhea as a detective was, indeed, quite different from what they used to be, to say the least. At that time, Leah was nothing but a young gang member, always trying to prove herself, to get more responsibilities and, obviously, always getting in trouble. She was a reckless piece of shit, the kind of woman you don't want to cross in a street and definitely not the kind of woman you want to be friend with. However, this status suited her perfectly fine. And she was a little girl, she was always considered as trouble. She couldn't handle autority or even staying in a classroom. The thought of getting in line, get a job in an office, have a house, children and three dogs made her sick. At least in her gang she was recognized as trouble but this was nothing but a compliment, she was an effective recruit. It was an exhilarating feeling, to be appreciated for what she has always done the best and she met Rhea at that time. When she wasn't a leader yet but knew perfectly who she wanted to be and what she was doing. They made a team worth a time of your day, Rhea's skills as a tool Leah loved to use.

Rhea Riverwood was the perfect exemple of why Leah enjoys women's company the most, even now. She was far from the pretty thing others thought she was, a perfect mix of beauty and efficiency. She was deeply underrated, just as any other women in this world, letting them all the place to lie and scam every man who saw them as plants. The women's status was the only fight worth taking to Leah and this was one of the reason she liked Rhea that much. Even today, seeing her name on her door made Leah proud. She was a detective, they were farest from eachothers than they ever were but she was an accomplished young woman. Honestly, it made Leah's day. She hated the fact that some on the women she knew in her life were depending on a man. It always reminds her of her mother, unable to make any actions without the approval of her husband, crying her eyes out every night he wasn't at her side. She cleaned the house, cooked him dinner so that he could go cheat on her and still she loved her. Unacceptable. Eventhough she haven't talked to her mother for a while, she was damn sure this lady was still crying for her old man.

« To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit? »

For a minute, Leah forgot the real reason of her visit, enjoying the view of her old...colleague. Let's call them that. For a minute, she held her breath, aware of what she was going to say. She hated that word with every piece of her body but for some reason, she trusted Rhea. She had no reason to and the last time she trusted someone, it didn't end well. This thought made her grin a little, the words of Darren echoing in her mind.

« I need your help »

Ugh. This hurt so bad. She didn't really have a choice though, the whold team was depending on the issue of her mission. Iris's fate was depending on her, quite literaly and she couldn't let her run unpunished. As much as she trusted Rhea, this was something she couldn't really tell her about, she was a detective after all. She was on the side of the law now and what Leah was doing in her everyday life was far from the law.

« I trusted the wrong person and it didn't end well. Now I need to find this person and I won't be able to do it without you. »

No doubt Rhea would be surprised, this was the first time in a while Leah asked for someone's help and the first time in their history. She had always been proud of the fast that she made her life alone, without anyone's help. Not needing anyone was the thing she was the most proud of, asking for it now felt so wrong. Rhea knew that. Her old colleague never hid it and in a way the Seattle native hoped that it proved how important this was.

◊ ◊ ◊

There's gotta be another way out
I've been stuck in a cage with my doubt
I've tried forever getting out on my own
But every time I do this my way
I get caught in the lies of the enemy
I lay my troubles down
I'm ready for you now

ADMIN ◊ RESISTANCE
Rhea Riverwood
Rhea Riverwood
ADMIN ◊ RESISTANCE
Personnage
:
Yours again | Leah & Rhea YQh7Ivzv_o

Yours again | Leah & Rhea 3707e9336440722143b09be0570a83267a2cf1c6

Pseudo / Pronoms : evy / elle
Nom rebelle : Baltimore
Nombre de dés : trois dés
Résidence : la superbe nouvelle-orléans
Profession : détective privée à son compte depuis son départ de la police
Faceclaim : jodie comer
Pouvoirs/capacités : dragon de foudre (niv. 3)
Crédits : avatar by andthesunrisesagain, aesthetic by adamantium, crackship by shirdil
Disponibilité RP :
Joueur•se

Sam 7 Nov 2020 - 18:20
yours again

“'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh”

Leah seemed to hesitate. Rhea raised an eyebrow – the sight was uncommon; her former colleague didn’t usually hesitate for anything. It was one of the many things that she admired about her – she went for everything and anything, damned be the consequences. Her audacity and self-confidence were inspiring – at least they had been when they’d worked together. Now she was truly intrigued, what could be causing such a powerful woman such worry? « I need your help » There it was. This was about pride. Rhea smirked a little, appreciating how hard the words must have been for her to say. They had a lot in common, even now; both truly independent, a little reckless, and proud to a fault. The dragon had worked on the latter quite a lot and matured a little bit in that aspect. Being part of a family and taking on new responsibilities would do that do you. Leah kept going after a short pause. « I trusted the wrong person and it didn't end well. Now I need to find this person and I won't be able to do it without you » The detective tilted her head to the side, thinking. She was well aware of Leah’s less-than-legal activities and taking the risk of coming to her reflected the direness of her situation. This would also make things harder, certainly, as she couldn’t be too involved in the underground network nowadays. She let out a sigh. « Well this is new » she joked, gesturing to the armchair in front of her desk. « Sit down, then, let’s see what I can do » Rhea was certainly curious. As far as she knew, Leah and the rest of the gang still operated in Seattle – did this mysterious person lead her all the way to New Orleans, or did she come to her directly? Did she expect her to come back to Seattle with her? Many questions popped in her mind, one after another, but she voiced none of them, choosing to stay silent and controlled.

She took a few steps towards a makeshift bar – or rather a Maplewood high table with a few glasses and bottles sitting on it – and grabbed one of the bottles. Silently, she poured herself a drink. She liked the dramatic effect, and smiled as she asked without turning « Bourbon? It’s a good one, you’ll like it » How very Jessica Jones of her. Her nephew had compared her to the famous superheroine detective a few days prior, and the image had stuck with her. For sure, they had stuff in common, starting with the aesthetic of the alcohol in the office. A few seconds later, she sat down in her chair, facing Leah, both of their filled glasses on her desk. Rhea raised hers, as if to make a toast, and finally asked the burning question. « So, who’s the poor fool who dared double-cross you? » No doubts Leah would stay vague, as discreet as possible, especially if – as she suspected – this was related to her gang activities. Just her presence regarding this was a surprise, even during the very short time she had worked with them, she’d been able to see how close-knit the circle was. They were quite careful with new people and elective with who had the opportunity to join their ranks. Whomever had betrayed Leah, she felt sorry for them – but also quite admirative. It took guts to cross that kind of crowd, and even though they would certainly soon regret it, they could pride themselves in being one of the few who dared going against such a powerful tide.

CODAGE PAR AMATIS

Contenu sponsorisé
Personnage
Joueur•se