Temporalité
Nous sommes en 2022 [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser 1639275293 La période jouable actuelle va du 30 juin 2022 au 30 septembre 2022 [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser 1050276528
Groupes à prendre
Nous cherchons activement des cerbères et des hybrides [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser 1639275293
Le Deal du moment : -55%
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – ...
Voir le deal
21.99 €

Invité
Invité
Personnage
Joueur•se

[Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Empty [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser

Jeu 29 Déc 2022 - 18:48
imgimg
I have this thing
where I get older
but never wiser

How times had changed.

Not so long ago, she used to try to evade the volunteers of the Black Rose refuge by any means necessary. She developed instincts and strategies to do exactly what she wanted when she wanted to do it and escape the watchful eye of her guardians, that she sometimes saw as jailors.

And there she was.

She now used this knowledge on how to deflect the attention of surveillants to catch her former companions of the refuge when they tried to go under the radar. She became the jailor. In her attempt to be a legitimate member of the guardian family, she was taking more and more shifts at the Black Rose. It was always awkward when she would come across her former sister, London, but her family valued her skills. Busting kids was way easier when you knew all their tactics, as you were the one that invented them.

During one of the reunions between the volunteers and the Riverwoods, it was said that one behavior was becoming recurrent: the kids would sneak out their rooms to go and get the serum that would suppress their powers. The Riverwoods were concerned, as these doses of serum made the kids’ powers even more volatile that they already were, and the whole point of the Black Rose was to make supernatural kids feel welcome and make them embrace their powers and potential. Serena felt particularly concerned by this, as the memories of her biological parents trying to snuff out her powers under a pile of pills still stung. And more importantly, she was sure of one thing: this stuff never worked and never would. There was no way around one’s powers, she learned it the hard way.

So, some nights of the week, she would take the night shift at the Black Rose and bust kids that would try to escape. Trying to escape by jumping the little wall in the backyard? She would wait for you behind it. Trying to escape taking the stairs that lead to the roof? She would be waiting on it, her legs hanging in the air. Trying to climb down the pipe? She would wait behind the window that directly gave her a view of the bottom of the pipe and flash her flashlight in your eyeballs.

Unfortunately, even though she learned from the best, she had not been able to beat the master herself. London always escaped her vigilance and the refuge whenever she wanted. When she flooded the kitchen and ran the night after, it became clear that she was taking the serum. Serena felt infuriated by her decision. Even though they did not speak for months, she still considered her to be her sister and to have a right to prevent her from making bad decisions.

But London was never busted and always denied escaping at night. Confronting her was impossible for the Riverwoods. Serena had the impression that the volunteers simply decided to let this go and let her do her thing. Which was out of the question for the dragon.

So she decided to try another way and wait for London directly at the nearest medical center. Like a true detective and her hero Rhea, she checked the times the center was open and came very early one time. She made the secretary there tell her when London Ashford had an appointment. She dismissed with her hand the very true problem brought up by the poor woman trying to do her job behind her desk: she was not allowed to reveal their patients’ medical files. But Serena convinced her that she was on a very important mission for the guardian family, for the government, even. The secretary eventually broke under the pressure and the line forming behind the dragon, and told her the precise time London would be there to get her shot.

You better bet that Serena was there, the right day at the right time. When she saw the nymph come up at the entrance of the center, she got in front of the door and crossed her arms.

What do you think you’re doing, London?

MEMBRE ◊ INDEPENDANT·E
London Ashford
London Ashford
MEMBRE ◊ INDEPENDANT·E
Personnage
: [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Lgvwd

[Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Moodboard_trio_infernal

Pseudo / Pronoms : Yellow Chip / elle
Nombre de dés : Un.
Résidence : Refuge de la Rose Noire, Bayou, Nouvelle-Orléans. De temps en temps elle squatte un appart miteux à Phoenix.
Profession : Enchaîne les jobs foireux et les licenciements express, est probablement sur la liste noire de tous les Macdo du pays.
Faceclaim : Billie Eilish
Pouvoirs/capacités : Glousse comme une pintade, n'est jamais à court de briquets, vous a fait les poches discrètement pendant que vous lisiez ce profil.
Crédits : LadyEilie aka Serena la sista clownesque
Disponibilité RP : Pas avant 2027.
Multicomptes : Team UC forever (si je me fais un DC, London meurt).
Joueur•se

[Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Empty Re: [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser

Ven 17 Fév 2023 - 22:07

rocky ashestell myself I'm safe and lonely with nobody else to break my heart

fake/realIt had become increasingly difficult to wait between each dose of serum. The last days before the next one were always a challenge, her powers coming to life again, each time more raggedly than the previous one and she was left there, an impatient mess of a broken nymph shakingly waiting for an injection of peace through her veins. It was like a kettle full of boiling water, ending up overflowing if one forgot to lift the cover in time. She tried to hold it in as much as she could, a pathetic reminder of her past attempts, but in the end, it didn't matter: water always had the last word over her own will. How she hated it. Sometimes, it almost made her regret her choice to take the serum. Her powers had always been that uncontrollable mess of random reactions but it had become even stronger now than before, as if Nature was giving her payback for ignoring and trying to tame Her. Well, payback is a bitch, and so is Nature. Though, it would take more than a few days in this living hell to weaken London's resolve. She'd seen worse, after all.

It was worth a little sacrifice, that's what she kept telling the other lost kids, those who had grown afraid of their own abilities but were too frightened by the perspective of having to go through all of the secondary effects the Riverwood would never fail to mention, ever so loudly. Who the fuck did they think they were? Heroes with scaled wings and shiny white armours, ready to slay every single fear that supernatural beings like her had regarding their own poisonous gifts? What a joke. None of them knew what it was like, to grow terrified of oneself, to hate one's own guts, to be alone, to be different, to be a monster in a human's world. Just because you are proud of your origins doesn't mean you have to force this pride on us. They could not understand. Except Zephyr, who was also regularly taking the serum. Zephyr, the only one who never tried to change the minds of the weakest and most influenceable teenagers, because he knew what they were going through, more than anyone.

Yes, Zephyr Riverwood understood the absolute need London was feeling right now. And not so long ago, so did Serena. Like London, the young dragon had been taught from an early age to keep all of her powers deep inside. She had learnt to conceal and never feel, to hide so that they would not know, to hate who she was and to be afraid of what she could do. It had brought them together when they had met, this deep understanding of each other that went far beyond the mere knowledge of what they had been through. It wasn't just about knowing, it was about feeling. That's why London had started calling her a sister, not because they had grown up together, not because they shared the same blood, not because she had been adopted by Serena's parents but because their pasts seemed to be the twin sides of a mirror. When the dragon had shared her story, it had been like hearing her own. And although London didn't say much about her past, they were things that the blonde simply knew, things that she didn't need to say out loud, things that couldn't be explained but had to be lived.

So yes, a while ago, Serena would have understood. She would have agreed with London too. They would have taken their shots together and they would have drawn stupid symbols around the spot where the needle had stroke them. They would have drunk shots after getting shot, if only for the joke and the need to celebrate their new freedom. Then they would have thrown some rocks into water to make ricochet, happy to see no element nor unwelcomed power would bully them this time. They would have tagged Hail the serum on the Black Rose's wall and they would have helped every single resident to get their dose, even though it pissed the Riverwood. Especially if it pissed the Riverwood. After all, the more chaos the more fun had always been their motto. And they would have had so much fun together. Instead, London went on her own to the pharmacy and then she smoked alone in front of the Bayou, throwing her ashes and her cigarette in a pond, satisfied to see no backlash coming. And it didn't matter - or did it? - if she was the only one smiling, celebrating, drinking shot after shot, taking shot after shot, and telling everyone how much fun she was having since the blessed day of the 16th of August.

It didn't matter, did it, that Serena was on the opposite side now, telling everyone they should accept their gifts rather than rejecting them. How times had changed. London had heard the stories, of course. Teenagers had been reporting getting caught by the newest Riverwood while trying to escape the refuge, in order to get a shot. There were stories of serum dealers, offering doses to those who were underage and had no authorization, stories of pharmacies where one could ask a shot even though the last one had been done a month ago if one went early enough, in order to negotiate. Of course, most of this was bullshit and the young orphans ended up coming back, disappointed but not hopeless. Of course, London knew that one could not simply go ask for a shot and get it, that the serum was the most guarded secret of the government and that those fake dealers only injected placebo. But she was not going to deny those rumours, not when it was clear that it enraged most volunteers and the Riverwood family. Especially Serena.

How times had changed. They were once standing at both side of a mirror, seeing their lives through the other's eyes, plotting jokes against the rest of the world, even Aaren at times, smiling proudly while watching the chaos they had created and the anger on their victims' face. But the mirror was now shattered on the floor, in a million pieces with edges sharp to cut their hearts. And London was the one plotting against Serena now, escaping her vigilance and smiling proudly when she thought about making her mad. Yes, times had changed and so had they. They had taken separate roads and if their pasts were still alike, the dragon's future was now bright. In the mirror of her new life, London could see her own old dreams, the ones that she had almost reached once. She had been so close to getting what Serena had now : a family, before Allie died and their shell shattered to pieces too, powers she started to accept, helped by her mother, a sense of belonging that she had only felt once again after the Shail. With Aaren and Serena.

But happiness was out of reach for London, or so it seemed. Gods know she had tried, she had tried so hard, so could anyone blame her for not wanting to try anymore? Well, apparently Serena thought that she could. There she was, standing in front of the laboratory where London usually got her injection, waiting for her apparently. How flattering. It could have been nice, in another life, to see the rock dragon here. But she knew Serena was not here for that. She seemed pretty angry, her arms crossed and her ton demanding. But London didn't owe her anything, at least from her perspective. Everything had been said and done, almost a year ago, after that pathetic attempt to revive the ashes of the bonfire that used to be their friendship.

They used to share a mirror but this time, London's reaction didn't match Serena's anger. A smile flourished on her lips, sarcastic and malicious, the kind of smiles that could fuel anyone's anger. Serena wasn't anyone, though. « What do you think? I'm picking flowers for your mom, ain't it obvious? » She couldn't help but make a spiteful reference to the dragon's new family and she hated that it still hurt so badly after all this time. The mirror wasn't just broken, Serena had painted it with colourful spray, she had covered all of their similarities with Riverwood's green until London couldn't see her reflection anymore on the fallen pieces. Serena was so different now than the teenager she'd met years ago. She was more confident, for sure, more at ease with her powers, richer as well, maybe braver now than then. She was an artist full of colours and London a black and white memory.

Her smile faded a little and she sneered before she talked again. « What are you doing here, Serena? Changed your mind about the serum, have you? Cool, you'll see, it's a-ma-zing, been living my best life since it came out! » Her smile was back by the end of her teasing, her eyes observing her used-to-be-sister's reactions. Would she burst into anger and yell at her? Would she laugh along? Would she be a joykiller, saying hahaha very funny, in a sarcastic tone? London was genuinely having fun, to be honest. She didn't want to admit it but she had missed this simple familiar banter with Serena. A part of her wanted to keep the jokes for herself because the dragon didn't deserve it anymore, because it was too familiar, too friendly, too risky. Even if it was meant to make her angry, teasing Serena was a little too close to admitting that she still liked her. That deep down, she wanted their friendship back.

artemis | www
Invité
Invité
Personnage
Joueur•se

[Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Empty Re: [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser

Ven 28 Avr 2023 - 9:08
imgimg

Rock you like a hurricane
Of course she would make a joke. Of course she would sting like a scorpion and take a hit at her mother, at the fact that she left the Black Rose for a new sanctuary, for a new family.

Serena saw right through her. She knew when London was trying to make someone angry, and here she was. It seemed like not so long ago, they would both try to infuriate authority figures, stinging and making jokes like two peas in a pod. Sometimes, it would even feel like they were the same person, two parts of the same mirror. Always ready to see how far they could go.

And this time, Serena would not make the same mistake she did a year ago. She would not let London go. She would stand her ground. She would win the battle to stop her friend from hurting herself or die trying. Nothing was too dramatic for the dragon.

You couldn’t even if you tried, you’d get a splash of water all over your idiotic face.

Nature was not kind with London, even Serena had to give her that. She understood the want, the need, to get away from an all-powerful entity capable of instantly punishing you for whatever you’d do that would harm Nature. She understood. But she was sure of something : the serum did not work, and never would work, so why pretend like it does ?

She could not help but smile at London’s response. She missed their banter, and she 100 % prefered that they talked like that, even to exchange jabs, rather than the cold stares she would sometimes get from her former sister.

Well, of couuuurse, Serena replied with irony. I so can’t wait to take the serum and have absolutely zero control over my powers, become addicted to something the government is giving me, having no idea what exactly it does to me and having to resort to any means necessary to get it, even pissing off the last people who care about me. It does sound like a dream.

She gave zero chance to London to not feel the irony in her voice, but she kept genuinely smiling. She felt like she was getting some of her sister back.

Why won’t you admit that it’s not helping you ? We can help you. I can help you. This is just a temporary fix.

She was sincere. If even she managed to get a hold on her powers, she thought everybody could, and London as well. She only needed to give in and accept help. But she knew her. It would not be that easy.

Remember that time when we went jay-riding in one of Azur’s cars ? We had a hell of time, but reality caught up with us. And even though we didn’t admit at the time, we regretted doing that, as it meant having to do the dishes for a month. Remember that ? You can’t always live in the now, London. I learned that the hard way.

MEMBRE ◊ INDEPENDANT·E
London Ashford
London Ashford
MEMBRE ◊ INDEPENDANT·E
Personnage
: [Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Lgvwd

[Rocky ashes] I have this thing where I get older but never wiser Moodboard_trio_infernal

Pseudo / Pronoms : Yellow Chip / elle
Nombre de dés : Un.
Résidence : Refuge de la Rose Noire, Bayou, Nouvelle-Orléans. De temps en temps elle squatte un appart miteux à Phoenix.
Profession : Enchaîne les jobs foireux et les licenciements express, est probablement sur la liste noire de tous les Macdo du pays.
Faceclaim : Billie Eilish
Pouvoirs/capacités : Glousse comme une pintade, n'est jamais à court de briquets, vous a fait les poches discrètement pendant que vous lisiez ce profil.
Crédits : LadyEilie aka Serena la sista clownesque
Disponibilité RP : Pas avant 2027.
Multicomptes : Team UC forever (si je me fais un DC, London meurt).
Joueur•se

Dim 2 Juil 2023 - 19:07

rocky ashestell myself I'm safe and lonely with nobody else to break my heart

fake/realIt was all she could do not to smile at the familiar banter about her messed up powers. Some things never change. Except it had. Now Serena was lecturing her about something she knew nothing about, acting like the privileged brat that she had become. She sounded just like those complotist antivax Karen moms on TV they used to laugh about, talking about the gOverNmENt as if it was run by some guys in dark robes in a secret cave. It was not as though London trusted the government herself, she knew perfectly well that Fawkes was a piece of crap, just like Kane was. But she didn't really care, as long as she could have a break from her toxic relationship with water.

Serena didn't get it at all. She was so sure of what she was saying, so sure of her own ability to actually help London with her problems. Well, she used to help, didn't she? Her presence had been precious to London's wellbeing at some point but then she had proceeded to shatter it all by abandoning her for a better life. Deep down, London was moved by this sincere attempt to reach out and she truly wanted to believe her but she knew better. Right now, the dragon wanted their friendship back, but she would realize soon enough that the nymph was not worth the effort.

« I can only live in the now. » Because now is the only time I can trust. What was the point in planning for the future when her hopes had been consistently wrecked? Her voice was somewhat hoarse when she went on: keeping the indifference act in front of Serena was becoming more and more difficult. « I've tried, Serena, okay? I tried so many fucking times. But the truth is: it never works out. I guess Azur's right in the end, some kids out there ain't meant to be saved. » So why are you still trying? Most of the volunteers had already given up on her, some of them filing requests for her to get expelled. But Serena was here, somehow. And it meant much more than what London was ready to admit.

She grabbed a cigarette to light it and took some deep breaths, leaning on the wall of the building. « It helps me, you know? The serum. Not every folk has a rich family of dragons to help them control their powers and pay millions of dollars for therapy. Some of us have to rely on free options. Even when it's offered by the evil gOverNmENt » A sarcastic smile on her face, she took another cigarette from the pack and handed it to the dragon. An offer of peace. « My other therapy. It's not exactly free but you know… »  Yes, Serena knew. They used to steal some together after all. For a second there, London wondered if her former sister still sometimes stole stuff like in the old days. Certainly not, with all of that money for herself now.

artemis | www
Contenu sponsorisé
Personnage
Joueur•se